Birmingham, West Midlands based civil and structural engineering consultancy require a Structural Engineer / Senior. Part of an experienced project team, you’ll work on new build, refurb and extension schemes within the residential, commercial and industrial construction sectors.
This company is long established and has developed an impressive client base. They pride themselves on delivering a quality service and as a result a healthy portion of their workload is from repeat business.
The role offers excellent career progression. The purpose of this appointment is to provide continuity for the outgoing Directors. Homeworking is currently under review.
- Project manage / assist on structural engineering projects
- Assist in the overall production and delivery of structural jobs
- Prepare designs, structural calculations, specifications, and technical reports
- Ensure graduate engineers and technicians are fully conversant with the project brief, scope of service and associated timescales
- Liaise with civil, structural and M&E engineers to develop designs
- Supervise and/or undertake technical and feasibility studies including site investigations
- Check engineering and drawing work
- Help coordinate structural, drainage and highway elements within each project
- Maintain personal skills and knowledge through CPD
- Design experience in different building forms and construction materials
- Aware of cost, time, safety and buildability issues
- Experience in the use of various structural design and analysis software
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise way with colleagues and clients
- Team management / supervision experience is desirable
To apply for job 2810211, please submit your CV clicking the button below. If you’d like more information about this role, contact me as follows:
- Salary £35,000 - £50,000 GBP £35,000 - £50,000 Month
- Address Birmingham, West Midlands, UK
- Summary Part of an experienced project team, you’ll work on new build, refurb and extension schemes within the residential, commercial and industrial construction sectors.